Brother and sister to brave hot coal challenge at St Albans’ Club Batchwood for charity
- Credit: Archant
Braving a pit of hot coals, a brother and sister have teamed up to raise money for charity after their father was diagnosed with cancer.
Rosanna, 26, and Sean Beasley, who live in Bricket Wood, will be baring their soles in the firewalk challenge at Club Batchwood, St Albans, which consists of walking barefoot over 15ft of hot coals.
Money raised will go to Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, in Northwood, where Rosanna and 24-year-old Sean’s father, Gary, is currently receiving treatment after being diagnosed with throat cancer three months ago.
The duo’s fundraising efforts got off to a great start after they raised more than £1,000 in just six hours after posting a donation link on social media. The pair have since extended their target from £200 to £2,000.
Rosanna said: “The fact we raised £1,000 in six hours on the day I posted the link was amazing and it was overwhelming and showed a lot of support and it definitely gives some hope.
“It obviously sounds quite scary but then I know that if they’re putting the event on I can’t get badly burnt; it will be an experience.”
The firewalk challenge is taking place at 6pm next Wednesday, November 16 ,and there are still places available. Entry costs just £25. To take part contact Liz Hizli on 02038268517 or elizabeth.Hizli@nhs.net.
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 9 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
To donate, visit Rosanna and Sean’s Just Giving page, https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rosannaandsean.