Brother and sister to brave hot coal challenge at St Albans’ Club Batchwood for charity
- Credit: Archant
Braving a pit of hot coals, a brother and sister have teamed up to raise money for charity after their father was diagnosed with cancer.
Rosanna, 26, and Sean Beasley, who live in Bricket Wood, will be baring their soles in the firewalk challenge at Club Batchwood, St Albans, which consists of walking barefoot over 15ft of hot coals.
Money raised will go to Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, in Northwood, where Rosanna and 24-year-old Sean’s father, Gary, is currently receiving treatment after being diagnosed with throat cancer three months ago.
The duo’s fundraising efforts got off to a great start after they raised more than £1,000 in just six hours after posting a donation link on social media. The pair have since extended their target from £200 to £2,000.
Rosanna said: “The fact we raised £1,000 in six hours on the day I posted the link was amazing and it was overwhelming and showed a lot of support and it definitely gives some hope.
You may also want to watch:
“It obviously sounds quite scary but then I know that if they’re putting the event on I can’t get badly burnt; it will be an experience.”
The firewalk challenge is taking place at 6pm next Wednesday, November 16 ,and there are still places available. Entry costs just £25. To take part contact Liz Hizli on 02038268517 or elizabeth.Hizli@nhs.net.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
To donate, visit Rosanna and Sean’s Just Giving page, https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rosannaandsean.