Brother and sister to brave hot coal challenge at St Albans’ Club Batchwood for charity
- Credit: Archant
Braving a pit of hot coals, a brother and sister have teamed up to raise money for charity after their father was diagnosed with cancer.
Rosanna, 26, and Sean Beasley, who live in Bricket Wood, will be baring their soles in the firewalk challenge at Club Batchwood, St Albans, which consists of walking barefoot over 15ft of hot coals.
Money raised will go to Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, in Northwood, where Rosanna and 24-year-old Sean’s father, Gary, is currently receiving treatment after being diagnosed with throat cancer three months ago.
The duo’s fundraising efforts got off to a great start after they raised more than £1,000 in just six hours after posting a donation link on social media. The pair have since extended their target from £200 to £2,000.
Rosanna said: “The fact we raised £1,000 in six hours on the day I posted the link was amazing and it was overwhelming and showed a lot of support and it definitely gives some hope.
You may also want to watch:
“It obviously sounds quite scary but then I know that if they’re putting the event on I can’t get badly burnt; it will be an experience.”
The firewalk challenge is taking place at 6pm next Wednesday, November 16 ,and there are still places available. Entry costs just £25. To take part contact Liz Hizli on 02038268517 or elizabeth.Hizli@nhs.net.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
To donate, visit Rosanna and Sean’s Just Giving page, https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rosannaandsean.