Man arrested at Harpenden train station on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A 34-year-old man has been arrested at Harpenden train station on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon.
British Transport Police were called at 2.22pm to the station following reports a man was causing a disturbance.
It is believed he was having a verbal altercation with another passenger.
Officers arrested the man on suspicion of possession of the weapon, criminal damage and a public order offence.
It is not know what sort of weapon it was.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses reported police officers armed with tasers arresting someone at around that time.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans