Man arrested at Harpenden train station on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A 34-year-old man has been arrested at Harpenden train station on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon.
British Transport Police were called at 2.22pm to the station following reports a man was causing a disturbance.
It is believed he was having a verbal altercation with another passenger.
Officers arrested the man on suspicion of possession of the weapon, criminal damage and a public order offence.
It is not know what sort of weapon it was.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses reported police officers armed with tasers arresting someone at around that time.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district