Britain’s Got Talent’s Gabz at St Albans Mayor’s Pride Awards
- Credit: Archant
BRITAIN’S Got Talent finalist Gabz is to play the St Albans Mayor’s Pride Awards – so nominate someone now for free tickets
Celebrating extraordinary individuals and outstanding organisations in the district, the winners of the Mayor’s Pride Awards will be announced at a free gala evening at the Alban Arena on October 24.
Chart star 14-year-old Gabz, Trestle Theatre Company and St Albans Rock Choir will all perform at the awards evening.
For a limited period, priority booking for up to four tickets to this free event will be given to people who nominate an individual or group to receive an award.
Up until August 12, anyone who makes a nomination will be given a unique promotional code, which the Arena box office will ask for when making a reservation. Free tickets are subject to availability.
The night of celebration will feature an array of community heroes and their stories plus special guest speakers and live entertainment.
Herts-based singer-songwriter Gabz said: “I’m really looking forward to playing the Mayor’s Pride Awards in October; it’s gonna be a wicked night! I think it’s a cool idea to recognise local people in the area, especially as I live just up the road!“
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
After reaching the BGT final Gabz was immediately signed by Sony and released her self-penned pop song, Lighters (The One), which went to number six in the charts at the end of June.
In its third year, the awards are fully established as the flagship community recognition scheme in St Albans City and District.
They are run by the district council in association with the Herts Advertiser, St Albans District Centre for Voluntary Service (CVS) and Radio Verulam 92.6 FM.
The deadline for nominations is 5pm on Monday, August 12. A panel of judges, including the Mayor and representatives from the public, private and voluntary sectors will meet to discuss the nominations.
Making a nomination for the Mayor’s Pride Awards is quick and easy. Nominations forms and further information about the awards are available on the council’s website at. www.stalbans.gov.uk/mayorsprideawards.
The nomination form is also available from the council’s offices, the Alban Arena, Harpenden Public Halls and some leisure centres, doctors, dentists and schools across the district.