Britain’s Got Talent judge praises Harpenden singer
- Credit: Photo courtesy of Ken McKay/Thames TV/SYCO
THE secret’s out for new Britain’s Got Talent star Alice Fredenham of Harpenden – her voice is good enough to “sing the phone book” according to music mogul Simon Cowell.
Alice, a 28 year old beauty therapist, fought off nerves to steal the show during auditions for the latest series, which began on ITV Saturday April 13.
She admitted to hosts Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly that she had kept her appearance secret from family because “if I’m not successful I don’t have to admit that to anyone.”
However Alice stunned the panel – judges Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon, David Walliams and the hard line Simon – along with the audience who leapt to their feet for a standing ovation following her rendition of My Funny Valentine.
Simon immediately started singing her praises, declaring: “Wow! Oh my God this is what I’ve been waiting for, your voice is like liquid gold. You have such an authentically beautiful voice”.
At that point an overwhelmed Alice became tearful as Simon continued: “You could sing the phone book. I absolutely love you and I love your voice and I also love the fact that you actually don’t even know how good you are. Wow.”
Each judge then told her it was a “yes” to going through to the next round of the competition which seeks to find Britain’s next best talent act, featuring singers, dancers, comedians, variety and unusual talents of all kinds.
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 8 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 9 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 10 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
Before a thrilled Alice left the stage Simon said to her that he wanted to remember the day that he met her, because he thought she was special.
There will be more information on Alice’s appearance in the hit TV show in this week’s edition of the Herts Advertiser.