Britain’s Got Talent judge praises Harpenden singer
- Credit: Photo courtesy of Ken McKay/Thames TV/SYCO
THE secret’s out for new Britain’s Got Talent star Alice Fredenham of Harpenden – her voice is good enough to “sing the phone book” according to music mogul Simon Cowell.
Alice, a 28 year old beauty therapist, fought off nerves to steal the show during auditions for the latest series, which began on ITV Saturday April 13.
She admitted to hosts Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly that she had kept her appearance secret from family because “if I’m not successful I don’t have to admit that to anyone.”
However Alice stunned the panel – judges Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon, David Walliams and the hard line Simon – along with the audience who leapt to their feet for a standing ovation following her rendition of My Funny Valentine.
Simon immediately started singing her praises, declaring: “Wow! Oh my God this is what I’ve been waiting for, your voice is like liquid gold. You have such an authentically beautiful voice”.
You may also want to watch:
At that point an overwhelmed Alice became tearful as Simon continued: “You could sing the phone book. I absolutely love you and I love your voice and I also love the fact that you actually don’t even know how good you are. Wow.”
Each judge then told her it was a “yes” to going through to the next round of the competition which seeks to find Britain’s next best talent act, featuring singers, dancers, comedians, variety and unusual talents of all kinds.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Before a thrilled Alice left the stage Simon said to her that he wanted to remember the day that he met her, because he thought she was special.
There will be more information on Alice’s appearance in the hit TV show in this week’s edition of the Herts Advertiser.