Britain’s Got Talent judge praises Harpenden singer
- Credit: Photo courtesy of Ken McKay/Thames TV/SYCO
THE secret’s out for new Britain’s Got Talent star Alice Fredenham of Harpenden – her voice is good enough to “sing the phone book” according to music mogul Simon Cowell.
Alice, a 28 year old beauty therapist, fought off nerves to steal the show during auditions for the latest series, which began on ITV Saturday April 13.
She admitted to hosts Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly that she had kept her appearance secret from family because “if I’m not successful I don’t have to admit that to anyone.”
However Alice stunned the panel – judges Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon, David Walliams and the hard line Simon – along with the audience who leapt to their feet for a standing ovation following her rendition of My Funny Valentine.
Simon immediately started singing her praises, declaring: “Wow! Oh my God this is what I’ve been waiting for, your voice is like liquid gold. You have such an authentically beautiful voice”.
At that point an overwhelmed Alice became tearful as Simon continued: “You could sing the phone book. I absolutely love you and I love your voice and I also love the fact that you actually don’t even know how good you are. Wow.”
Each judge then told her it was a “yes” to going through to the next round of the competition which seeks to find Britain’s next best talent act, featuring singers, dancers, comedians, variety and unusual talents of all kinds.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Before a thrilled Alice left the stage Simon said to her that he wanted to remember the day that he met her, because he thought she was special.
There will be more information on Alice’s appearance in the hit TV show in this week’s edition of the Herts Advertiser.