Bride’s wedding ruined by runaway dog in Markyate
- Credit: Archant
A BRIDE has spoken of her devastation after her dog ran away outside a kennel in Markyate just 24 hours before her overseas wedding.
Gia Giles said the incident ruined her and husband William’s special day as they were sick with worry and the pair have recently put up a £250 reward to find their beloved pet.
Milo, a six-year-old Dalmatian, bolted out of Gina’s mother-in-law’s car on July 12 just as she had pulled into the kennels as he wasn’t on a lead.
The concerned newlywed, who works in St Albans, said they could not stop the wedding to look for their dog, but that friends on a later flight for the Italian nuptials did their best to search for Milo. She added: “It ruined the wedding, we were really upset. It’s not been easy at all. It’s spoiled everything.”
The couple believe him to be in Markyate, Harpenden, Luton or Hemel Hempstead, and are concerned he might have been stolen: “Someone would have spotted him by now; they [Dalmatians] are so unique.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re worried that somebody has taken him and he has a medical condition, he has got to go to a vet. He has been chipped so they will know it’s my dog. We have posters up everywhere.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Gia on 07940 711790.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school