Bride’s wedding ruined by runaway dog in Markyate
- Credit: Archant
A BRIDE has spoken of her devastation after her dog ran away outside a kennel in Markyate just 24 hours before her overseas wedding.
Gia Giles said the incident ruined her and husband William’s special day as they were sick with worry and the pair have recently put up a £250 reward to find their beloved pet.
Milo, a six-year-old Dalmatian, bolted out of Gina’s mother-in-law’s car on July 12 just as she had pulled into the kennels as he wasn’t on a lead.
The concerned newlywed, who works in St Albans, said they could not stop the wedding to look for their dog, but that friends on a later flight for the Italian nuptials did their best to search for Milo. She added: “It ruined the wedding, we were really upset. It’s not been easy at all. It’s spoiled everything.”
The couple believe him to be in Markyate, Harpenden, Luton or Hemel Hempstead, and are concerned he might have been stolen: “Someone would have spotted him by now; they [Dalmatians] are so unique.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re worried that somebody has taken him and he has a medical condition, he has got to go to a vet. He has been chipped so they will know it’s my dog. We have posters up everywhere.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Gia on 07940 711790.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 7 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans