Bricket Wood woman crowned Miss Cannes Film Festival
- Credit: Photo supplied
LIVING life in the fast lane seems to suit a Bricket Wood woman who has been crowned Miss Cannes Film Festival at the recent Monaco Grand Prix.
Twenty-one-year-old Dannie Aston, of Mount Pleasant Lane, visited Cannes and Monaco where she was a grid girl at its Formula 1 race on May 26.
The all-expenses paid trip was Dannie’s prize after being selected as a Miss Motors finalist at a national beauty pageant in March.
Dannie joined nine other girls, all of whom were flown to France for a 10-day visit. She was “treated like a celebrity,” filmed for Fashion TV and invited to all the best parties on luxury yachts.
She also featured on stage at the La Rascasse bar, located on a bend of the F1 Grand Prix street race.
The singer/songwriter was crowned Miss Cannes Film Festival during a star-studded glittering ceremony aboard a yacht owned by royalty.
The title means she will spend the year hosting events for Fashion TV and a pageant management company both within the UK and overseas.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 10 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
She will also have to return to Cannes next year to pass the crown on to her successor.
Dannie, who came third in Miss Herts, said she was thrilled at visiting Cannes and Monaco and having the opportunity to “meet so many fabulous people”.