Bricket Wood woman crowned Miss Cannes Film Festival
- Credit: Photo supplied
LIVING life in the fast lane seems to suit a Bricket Wood woman who has been crowned Miss Cannes Film Festival at the recent Monaco Grand Prix.
Twenty-one-year-old Dannie Aston, of Mount Pleasant Lane, visited Cannes and Monaco where she was a grid girl at its Formula 1 race on May 26.
The all-expenses paid trip was Dannie’s prize after being selected as a Miss Motors finalist at a national beauty pageant in March.
Dannie joined nine other girls, all of whom were flown to France for a 10-day visit. She was “treated like a celebrity,” filmed for Fashion TV and invited to all the best parties on luxury yachts.
She also featured on stage at the La Rascasse bar, located on a bend of the F1 Grand Prix street race.
You may also want to watch:
The singer/songwriter was crowned Miss Cannes Film Festival during a star-studded glittering ceremony aboard a yacht owned by royalty.
The title means she will spend the year hosting events for Fashion TV and a pageant management company both within the UK and overseas.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
She will also have to return to Cannes next year to pass the crown on to her successor.
Dannie, who came third in Miss Herts, said she was thrilled at visiting Cannes and Monaco and having the opportunity to “meet so many fabulous people”.