Bricket Wood woman aiming for Miss Hertfordshire title
A WOMAN from Bricket Wood is bidding for glory at the weekend when she will be competing in the Miss Hertfordshire finals.
Dannie Aston, 20, beat off competition from across the county to gain a place amongst the 26 finalists, who will be battling it out for the crown at The Blakemore Hotel, near Stevenage, on Sunday.
The final of the competition will see the girls take part in a ballgown round, as well as an eco round, where contestants have to appear in an outfit they have made from recycled products.
Dannie, a singer-songwriter who lives in Mount Pleasant Lane, said: “I’m looking forward to the competition and I feel very lucky to have got this far.”
Throughout the competition Dannie and the other finalists have also been raising funds for the Miss World charity, Beauty with a Purpose, which helps under privileged children around the world.
So far Dannie, who is being sponsored by Oliver Homes Estate Agents, has taken part in the Trainer and Tiara sponsored run and also held a collection in St Albans city centre alongside a group of friends dressed in tiaras and sashes.
She said: “I’d like to say a big thank you to all my friends who help me with the collection and of course to the public, who were very generous.”
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 4 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 5 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 6 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 9 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 10 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
It’s a busy time for Dannie, who is currently in rehearsals for a show at the Charing Cross Theatre later this year and also working on a new band project called RIP Hollywood. “I’m enjoying the experience very much and feel privileged to be involved.
“If I’m lucky enough to win Miss Hertfordshire, I will wear my eco outfit on a night out in St Albans!”
The winner of the Miss Hertfordshire contest will go through to the Miss England national final which will be held in June.