Bricket Wood woman aiming for Miss Hertfordshire title
A WOMAN from Bricket Wood is bidding for glory at the weekend when she will be competing in the Miss Hertfordshire finals.
Dannie Aston, 20, beat off competition from across the county to gain a place amongst the 26 finalists, who will be battling it out for the crown at The Blakemore Hotel, near Stevenage, on Sunday.
The final of the competition will see the girls take part in a ballgown round, as well as an eco round, where contestants have to appear in an outfit they have made from recycled products.
Dannie, a singer-songwriter who lives in Mount Pleasant Lane, said: “I’m looking forward to the competition and I feel very lucky to have got this far.”
Throughout the competition Dannie and the other finalists have also been raising funds for the Miss World charity, Beauty with a Purpose, which helps under privileged children around the world.
You may also want to watch:
So far Dannie, who is being sponsored by Oliver Homes Estate Agents, has taken part in the Trainer and Tiara sponsored run and also held a collection in St Albans city centre alongside a group of friends dressed in tiaras and sashes.
She said: “I’d like to say a big thank you to all my friends who help me with the collection and of course to the public, who were very generous.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
It’s a busy time for Dannie, who is currently in rehearsals for a show at the Charing Cross Theatre later this year and also working on a new band project called RIP Hollywood. “I’m enjoying the experience very much and feel privileged to be involved.
“If I’m lucky enough to win Miss Hertfordshire, I will wear my eco outfit on a night out in St Albans!”
The winner of the Miss Hertfordshire contest will go through to the Miss England national final which will be held in June.