Bricket Wood woman aiming for Miss Hertfordshire title
A WOMAN from Bricket Wood is bidding for glory at the weekend when she will be competing in the Miss Hertfordshire finals.
Dannie Aston, 20, beat off competition from across the county to gain a place amongst the 26 finalists, who will be battling it out for the crown at The Blakemore Hotel, near Stevenage, on Sunday.
The final of the competition will see the girls take part in a ballgown round, as well as an eco round, where contestants have to appear in an outfit they have made from recycled products.
Dannie, a singer-songwriter who lives in Mount Pleasant Lane, said: “I’m looking forward to the competition and I feel very lucky to have got this far.”
Throughout the competition Dannie and the other finalists have also been raising funds for the Miss World charity, Beauty with a Purpose, which helps under privileged children around the world.
You may also want to watch:
So far Dannie, who is being sponsored by Oliver Homes Estate Agents, has taken part in the Trainer and Tiara sponsored run and also held a collection in St Albans city centre alongside a group of friends dressed in tiaras and sashes.
She said: “I’d like to say a big thank you to all my friends who help me with the collection and of course to the public, who were very generous.”
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
It’s a busy time for Dannie, who is currently in rehearsals for a show at the Charing Cross Theatre later this year and also working on a new band project called RIP Hollywood. “I’m enjoying the experience very much and feel privileged to be involved.
“If I’m lucky enough to win Miss Hertfordshire, I will wear my eco outfit on a night out in St Albans!”
The winner of the Miss Hertfordshire contest will go through to the Miss England national final which will be held in June.