Bricket Wood couple celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The recipe for a long-lasting marriage is to “never argue with the wife”, a husband has joked.
Celebrating 60 years of marriage are Bricket Wood couple John and Margaret Nutkins, aged 85 and 82 respectively, who marked their Diamond Wedding anniversary with a family party last Saturday (2). The pair met at a dance in 1954.
Family and friends joined the couple at Batchwood Golf Club in St Albans to commemorate their lengthy time together.
John first met Margaret at a dance when he was 23 and she was 20, and they later married in 1956 in St Mary’s Church in Kenton.
For most of his life John has worked as a cost engineer for Kodak, while Margaret worked at Mount Pleasant Lane School in Bricket Wood as an audio visual technician.
You may also want to watch:
Their daughter Jackie Broughton said: “They love holidays and my dad loves golf, they’re just lovely.
“I know they’re my mum and dad and that I’m biased, but they are family people and I love them.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
John added: “Marriage is about love and sharing, and never arguing with the wife.”