Bricket Wood couple celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The recipe for a long-lasting marriage is to “never argue with the wife”, a husband has joked.
Celebrating 60 years of marriage are Bricket Wood couple John and Margaret Nutkins, aged 85 and 82 respectively, who marked their Diamond Wedding anniversary with a family party last Saturday (2). The pair met at a dance in 1954.
Family and friends joined the couple at Batchwood Golf Club in St Albans to commemorate their lengthy time together.
John first met Margaret at a dance when he was 23 and she was 20, and they later married in 1956 in St Mary’s Church in Kenton.
For most of his life John has worked as a cost engineer for Kodak, while Margaret worked at Mount Pleasant Lane School in Bricket Wood as an audio visual technician.
Their daughter Jackie Broughton said: “They love holidays and my dad loves golf, they’re just lovely.
“I know they’re my mum and dad and that I’m biased, but they are family people and I love them.”
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
John added: “Marriage is about love and sharing, and never arguing with the wife.”