Bricket Wood couple celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The recipe for a long-lasting marriage is to “never argue with the wife”, a husband has joked.
Celebrating 60 years of marriage are Bricket Wood couple John and Margaret Nutkins, aged 85 and 82 respectively, who marked their Diamond Wedding anniversary with a family party last Saturday (2). The pair met at a dance in 1954.
Family and friends joined the couple at Batchwood Golf Club in St Albans to commemorate their lengthy time together.
John first met Margaret at a dance when he was 23 and she was 20, and they later married in 1956 in St Mary’s Church in Kenton.
For most of his life John has worked as a cost engineer for Kodak, while Margaret worked at Mount Pleasant Lane School in Bricket Wood as an audio visual technician.
Their daughter Jackie Broughton said: “They love holidays and my dad loves golf, they’re just lovely.
“I know they’re my mum and dad and that I’m biased, but they are family people and I love them.”
- 1 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 2 Hemel Hempstead man wanted as part of assault investigation
- 3 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 4 'Minor explosions' heard during garage fire near St Albans
- 5 St Albans one of the UK's top 10 most beautiful cities, says tiling firm
- 6 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 7 All trains cancelled between St Albans Abbey and Watford
- 8 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 9 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Two Renault Trafic vans broken into in Hemel Hempstead
John added: “Marriage is about love and sharing, and never arguing with the wife.”