Bricket Wood couple celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The recipe for a long-lasting marriage is to “never argue with the wife”, a husband has joked.
Celebrating 60 years of marriage are Bricket Wood couple John and Margaret Nutkins, aged 85 and 82 respectively, who marked their Diamond Wedding anniversary with a family party last Saturday (2). The pair met at a dance in 1954.
Family and friends joined the couple at Batchwood Golf Club in St Albans to commemorate their lengthy time together.
John first met Margaret at a dance when he was 23 and she was 20, and they later married in 1956 in St Mary’s Church in Kenton.
For most of his life John has worked as a cost engineer for Kodak, while Margaret worked at Mount Pleasant Lane School in Bricket Wood as an audio visual technician.
You may also want to watch:
Their daughter Jackie Broughton said: “They love holidays and my dad loves golf, they’re just lovely.
“I know they’re my mum and dad and that I’m biased, but they are family people and I love them.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
John added: “Marriage is about love and sharing, and never arguing with the wife.”