Bricket Wood charity calender is laid bare
CHAMPION fundraiser Wendy Berriman has got some brave friends. Normally, the mother-of-five from Oakwood Road in Bricket Wood just ropes them in to help at her annual garden party which raises funds for Keech Cottage Hospice but this year they had to get
CHAMPION fundraiser Wendy Berriman has got some brave friends.
Normally, the mother-of-five from Oakwood Road in Bricket Wood just ropes them in to help at her annual garden party which raises funds for Keech Cottage Hospice but this year they had to get their kit off for a Calendar Girls-style idea.
Wendy, 56, said: "We're none of us spring chickens but we've put aside our modesty in a good cause."
The calendars went on sale priced �7 each at the garden party on Thursday last week.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans prospective LibDem parliamentary candidate Sandy Walkington was among the 150 visitors who enjoyed lunches and teas in Wendy's garden.
He said: "Wendy and her friends raised more than �2,000 serving lunch to more than 100 people simultaneously at the height of the rush. But of course the big talking point on the day was their beautifully-produced calendar."
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 8 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
Calendars are available by emailing Wendy on firstname.lastname@example.org or can be bought direct from the butcher's or Bricket Wood Dental practice - both in Oakwood Road.