Bricket Wood boy joins up with TOWIE star Joey Essex
- Credit: Archant
A TOWIE-style makeover and an evening spent flashing his pearly whites in front of the paparazzi is all it took to give a local lad a taste for a life in the spotlight.
Finley Thompson, of Bricket Wood, was one of five boys who were chosen by perma-tanned reality star Joey Essex to help him launch his new hair products D’Reem.
The group mirrored Joey’s trademark look in a pair of super-skinny jeans with man bags over their shoulders and joined him last Thursday at popular Essex nightclub Sugar Hut to pose for photographers.
10-year-old Finley, who attends Mount Pleasant Lane School, said: “It was a really good experience. Joey is like my mate, it seems like I have known him for ages because he is so friendly.
“I did feel like a bit of a celebrity and I want to be famous after that and get known maybe as an actor or a musician.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year Finley badly broke his leg and only a few weeks ago was able to have his plaster cast removed, so his mum Nicola Kalozois said the star-studded event was a real confidence boost for him.
Nicola, who introduced her son to the TOWIE regular while designing t-shirts for his new clothing store, said: “Words cannot express how proud of him I am because he was so confident and he just went for it.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
“He was a natural Joey Essex.”