Bricket Wood boy joins up with TOWIE star Joey Essex
- Credit: Archant
A TOWIE-style makeover and an evening spent flashing his pearly whites in front of the paparazzi is all it took to give a local lad a taste for a life in the spotlight.
Finley Thompson, of Bricket Wood, was one of five boys who were chosen by perma-tanned reality star Joey Essex to help him launch his new hair products D’Reem.
The group mirrored Joey’s trademark look in a pair of super-skinny jeans with man bags over their shoulders and joined him last Thursday at popular Essex nightclub Sugar Hut to pose for photographers.
10-year-old Finley, who attends Mount Pleasant Lane School, said: “It was a really good experience. Joey is like my mate, it seems like I have known him for ages because he is so friendly.
“I did feel like a bit of a celebrity and I want to be famous after that and get known maybe as an actor or a musician.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year Finley badly broke his leg and only a few weeks ago was able to have his plaster cast removed, so his mum Nicola Kalozois said the star-studded event was a real confidence boost for him.
Nicola, who introduced her son to the TOWIE regular while designing t-shirts for his new clothing store, said: “Words cannot express how proud of him I am because he was so confident and he just went for it.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
“He was a natural Joey Essex.”