Bricket Wood added into M1 noise mapping consultation
CONSULTATION into noise mapping which is being carried out by a government department has been extended after Bricket Wood was left out. St Albans MP Anne Main has won the one-week reprieve until next Wednesday, November 11, after it emerged that the impa
CONSULTATION into noise mapping which is being carried out by a government department has been extended after Bricket Wood was left out.
St Albans MP Anne Main has won the one-week reprieve until next Wednesday, November 11, after it emerged that the impact on Bricket Wood of noise from the M1 motorway had been left out of the consultation which is being carried out by DEFRA to create noise action plans.
Mrs Main was alerted by John Drinkwater, highways co-ordinator of the Bricket Wood Residents Association and she discovered that the only body which had been consulted was St Albans district council.
In the past she has joined residents carrying out sound readings in the area which were up to 90 decibels and over 70 decibels in the vicinity of Mount Pleasant Lane JMI.
Mrs Main said this week: "I am pleased that we have managed to persuade DEFRA to extend the response time for the consultation. My constituents, particularly those in Bricket Wood, are heartily sick of the pollution and noise that the large amount of traffic generates in the local area.
"I know that they will appreciate the opportunity to give their response to DEFRA."
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 5 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 6 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 7 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 8 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 9 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 10 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
The consultation document is on the DEFRA website at http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/noise-action-plan/consultation-document.pdf and to respond people need to write to the Noise and Nuisance Team, DEFRA, Area 2a, Nobel House, 17 Smith Square, London SW1P 3JR or email email@example.com