Brave WH Smith employee challenges burglar
A BRAVE member of staff challenged a burglar to hand over cash he’d stolen from the till of WH Smith in St Albans.
The burglar had forced open a till in the upstairs area of the shop and taken notes at around 4pm on May 30.
As he went to leave the store, a WH Smith employee challenged him and demanded he hand back the money. He handed over some money, pushed the member of staff and made off.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the crime. PC Neil Pugh, who is investigating, said: “Two people, who I believe are mother and daughter, saw what happened and have left a number which we have since been unable to contact. If this was you, I would please ask that you contact me via the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222.
“I am also keen to hear from anyone else who was in the area at the time and saw anything which could assist the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can also call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. This can be done anonymously and could lead to a cash reward.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden