Brave WH Smith employee challenges burglar
A BRAVE member of staff challenged a burglar to hand over cash he’d stolen from the till of WH Smith in St Albans.
The burglar had forced open a till in the upstairs area of the shop and taken notes at around 4pm on May 30.
As he went to leave the store, a WH Smith employee challenged him and demanded he hand back the money. He handed over some money, pushed the member of staff and made off.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the crime. PC Neil Pugh, who is investigating, said: “Two people, who I believe are mother and daughter, saw what happened and have left a number which we have since been unable to contact. If this was you, I would please ask that you contact me via the non-emergency number 0845 3300 222.
“I am also keen to hear from anyone else who was in the area at the time and saw anything which could assist the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can also call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. This can be done anonymously and could lead to a cash reward.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall