Boy assaulted on cycle path in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested after allegedly punching a 12 year old boy on the Alban Way.
Herts Police are seeking a dog walker who was on the cycle path at the time of the assault, which occurred at about 6.50pm on Saturday August 2, and may have seen the incident.
Pc Francis Mungai, investigating, said that the boy’s bike was allegedly taken by a teenager who he had been with at the time.
He said the victim chased after the boy, and was subsequently punched in the face before the offender rode off on the bike.
The 12 year old was not injured.
Pc Mungai said: “I would like to appeal to the lady who was walking with a dog, possibly a boxer, in the area at the time and walked past as the incident took place to call me.”
She can be contacted on 01923 271613 or the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
• A 13 year old boy from Hemel Hempstead has been arrested in connection with the incident, and is currently on police bail pending further inquiries. He will return to Watford police station on August 20.