Boy assaulted on cycle path in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested after allegedly punching a 12 year old boy on the Alban Way.
Herts Police are seeking a dog walker who was on the cycle path at the time of the assault, which occurred at about 6.50pm on Saturday August 2, and may have seen the incident.
Pc Francis Mungai, investigating, said that the boy’s bike was allegedly taken by a teenager who he had been with at the time.
He said the victim chased after the boy, and was subsequently punched in the face before the offender rode off on the bike.
The 12 year old was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Mungai said: “I would like to appeal to the lady who was walking with a dog, possibly a boxer, in the area at the time and walked past as the incident took place to call me.”
She can be contacted on 01923 271613 or the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
• A 13 year old boy from Hemel Hempstead has been arrested in connection with the incident, and is currently on police bail pending further inquiries. He will return to Watford police station on August 20.