Bowled over by Harpenden cricket pitch marriage
A HARPENDEN couple knocked their wedding guests for six as they held their marriage blessing on a cricket pitch.
Jason and Teri Guest are regulars at Harpenden Cricket Club and were keen for it to be a part of their big day.
“We wanted to get married on the pitch,” said 40-year-old Jason, who is originally from New Zealand.
“Back home it is quite common but you’re not allowed to do it in England so we decided to get married at the registry office and then have the blessing on the pitch.”
The couple met in Harpenden on New Year’s Eve 2008 and had their first date two months later. With Jason playing for the club, Teri, 45, decided to help with the scoring and they now spend a lot of their time there.
You may also want to watch:
Seventy guests were present at the ceremony, which was followed by a game of cricket and a reception in the evening.
“The feedback from people on the day was great,” said Jason. “Everyone thought it was amazing and something different; they really appreciated it.”
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
The couple are now looking forward to their honeymoon in Brighton next month which is where they enjoyed their first weekend away together.