Bowled over by Harpenden cricket pitch marriage
A HARPENDEN couple knocked their wedding guests for six as they held their marriage blessing on a cricket pitch.
Jason and Teri Guest are regulars at Harpenden Cricket Club and were keen for it to be a part of their big day.
“We wanted to get married on the pitch,” said 40-year-old Jason, who is originally from New Zealand.
“Back home it is quite common but you’re not allowed to do it in England so we decided to get married at the registry office and then have the blessing on the pitch.”
The couple met in Harpenden on New Year’s Eve 2008 and had their first date two months later. With Jason playing for the club, Teri, 45, decided to help with the scoring and they now spend a lot of their time there.
Seventy guests were present at the ceremony, which was followed by a game of cricket and a reception in the evening.
“The feedback from people on the day was great,” said Jason. “Everyone thought it was amazing and something different; they really appreciated it.”
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 9 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 10 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
The couple are now looking forward to their honeymoon in Brighton next month which is where they enjoyed their first weekend away together.