Book in for Harpenden charity shop
Lions and children don t normally mix but the two are joining forces at a charity shop which opens on Saturday. Harpenden Lions is running its popular charity bookshop in the former Gower and Gower hairdressers in Bowers Parade for the next three to four
Lions and children don't normally mix but the two are joining forces at a charity shop which opens on Saturday.
Harpenden Lions is running its popular charity bookshop in the former Gower and Gower hairdressers in Bowers Parade for the next three to four weeks.
And for the first time it will be sharing the shop with another fundraising organisation, The Children's Society, which will be selling bric-a-brac, toys, games and unwanted gifts
The Lions will be selling paperbacks and children's books from 50p and hardbacks from �1 with proceeds going to local, national and international Lions charities.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to bring unwanted books and other items to the shop would be welcome and help with transportation can be obtained by calling the Harpenden Lions helpline on 0845 833 7426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone wishing to donate suitable items to The Children's Society should call 01582 766824.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
David Cowan from the Lions commented: "Combining our resources with The Children's Society allows us to stay open longer and it forges stronger links between our two organisations.