Book in for Harpenden charity shop
Lions and children don t normally mix but the two are joining forces at a charity shop which opens on Saturday. Harpenden Lions is running its popular charity bookshop in the former Gower and Gower hairdressers in Bowers Parade for the next three to four
Lions and children don't normally mix but the two are joining forces at a charity shop which opens on Saturday.
Harpenden Lions is running its popular charity bookshop in the former Gower and Gower hairdressers in Bowers Parade for the next three to four weeks.
And for the first time it will be sharing the shop with another fundraising organisation, The Children's Society, which will be selling bric-a-brac, toys, games and unwanted gifts
The Lions will be selling paperbacks and children's books from 50p and hardbacks from �1 with proceeds going to local, national and international Lions charities.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to bring unwanted books and other items to the shop would be welcome and help with transportation can be obtained by calling the Harpenden Lions helpline on 0845 833 7426 or email email@example.com
Anyone wishing to donate suitable items to The Children's Society should call 01582 766824.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
David Cowan from the Lions commented: "Combining our resources with The Children's Society allows us to stay open longer and it forges stronger links between our two organisations.