Bonnet left crumpled in Harpenden crash
- Credit: Archant
A car bonnet was left crumpled in a Harpenden car accident this weekend.
The driver was a woman in her 80s, who lost control of her car and smashed into some steps by a shop on Station Road on July 22, at about 2pm.
No-one else was injured apart from the driver, who’s condition was not life threatening or serious.
However, the force of impact did break the windscreen and concave the bonnet.
Staff from the shop and pub opposite the steps cared for her while an East of England Ambulance arrived, when she was taken to Luton and Dunstable Hospital for further care.
A witness to the crash said he believes the driver was concussed: “This could have been much worse had someone been entering or leaving the shop at the time and again highlights the risks of elderly drivers on the roads, following a number of similar incidents in and around Harpenden in the past few years.”
There was a separate incident in St Albans on Coopers Green Lane on Monday (July 24) at about 7am.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 8 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
Herts police were called to a crash involving a silver Vauxhall Astra - the driver was not hurt and the car was recovered.