Bollywood fundraiser at St Albans Girls’ School raises £2,500 for Alzheimer’s Society
- Credit: Archant
A Bollywood-themed fundraiser held at St Albans Girls’ School has raised £2,500 for the Alzheimer’s Society.
The fundraiser, which was attended by St Albans’ mayor Izbal Zia, was resplendent with dresses, dancing, and dinner.
The 300-strong audience was wowed by Bollywood dancers, singers, a pianist, and performances by some of the children.
Addressing the room, Cllr Zia said: “Alzheimer’s disease is a serious health and social issue. There is no cure for dementia as yet. To tackle this disease high quality research is needed.
“Events like this Bollywood Charity Ball help raise funds so that the Alzheimer’s Society can continue to invest in research into dementia care, cause, cure and prevention.”
You may also want to watch:
The performances were punctuated by presentations from medical professionals and the CEO of the Alzheimer’s Society, Jeremy Hughes.
Afterwards, the guests, some of whom travelled from as far as Nottingham, were treated to a buffet dinner courtesy of local restaurant Veer Dhara.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans