Body Parts Murderer Refuses to Identify Other Bodies He Dismembered
MURDERER Stephen Marshall has refused to identify the four other bodies he admitted to chopping up during his recent trial. The 38-year-old, who formerly lived in Branch Road, Park Street, and owned Fitness Connections in Sutton Road, pleaded guilty to
MURDERER Stephen Marshall has refused to identify the four other bodies he admitted to chopping up during his recent trial.
The 38-year-old, who formerly lived in Branch Road, Park Street, and owned Fitness Connections in Sutton Road, pleaded guilty to murdering and dismembering kitchen salesman Jeffrey Howe before scattering his body parts across the country.
When he changed his not guilty plea midway through his trial, Marshall also admitted through his barrister that he had dismembered four other bodies in the 1990s.
He was allegedly involved with a notorious North London crime family and Marshall is said to have been called upon to dismember the bodies of their victims before they were taken away and disposed of.
You may also want to watch:
Following the revelation, detectives from the Beds and Herts Major Crime Unit have made attempts to speak to him to obtain further information without success.
A police spokesperson said: "At this stage Mr Marshall is not assisting police with their inquiries. Major Crime officers continue their investigations in liaison with the Metropolitan Police Service.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Marshall's girlfriend Sarah Bush, 21, was sentenced to three years and nine months for her part in helping him dispose of Mr Howe's body parts and cover up the murder.