Body of London Colney man found near Brookmans Park
THE body of a 70-year-old London Colney man was found in a wooded area, near Brookmans Park, on Saturday.
He was found by a member of the public, near Bradmore Lane, at around 1.45pm. The man has been identified as Daniel Spires, from Cotlandswick.
An initial post mortem has taken place and police enquiries are ongoing.
Detective Chief Inspector Sean O’Neil, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said that the death is currently being treated as suspicious and has appealed for anyone with information to get in contact.
“We believe he may have died a number of months ago, so are asking people to cast their minds back to see if they can remember any suspicious activity in the area where the body was found,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Also, if you have seen Daniel in the past few months, we would very much like to hear from you. We are trying to build a picture of Daniel’s last movements to assist with our investigation and your information could be vital.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, via the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.