Body of London Colney man found near Brookmans Park
THE body of a 70-year-old London Colney man was found in a wooded area, near Brookmans Park, on Saturday.
He was found by a member of the public, near Bradmore Lane, at around 1.45pm. The man has been identified as Daniel Spires, from Cotlandswick.
An initial post mortem has taken place and police enquiries are ongoing.
Detective Chief Inspector Sean O’Neil, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said that the death is currently being treated as suspicious and has appealed for anyone with information to get in contact.
“We believe he may have died a number of months ago, so are asking people to cast their minds back to see if they can remember any suspicious activity in the area where the body was found,” he said.
“Also, if you have seen Daniel in the past few months, we would very much like to hear from you. We are trying to build a picture of Daniel’s last movements to assist with our investigation and your information could be vital.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, via the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 5 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Music line-up confirmed for Pub in the Park 2022 St Albans festival
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.