Body of London Colney man found near Brookmans Park
THE body of a 70-year-old London Colney man was found in a wooded area, near Brookmans Park, on Saturday.
He was found by a member of the public, near Bradmore Lane, at around 1.45pm. The man has been identified as Daniel Spires, from Cotlandswick.
An initial post mortem has taken place and police enquiries are ongoing.
Detective Chief Inspector Sean O’Neil, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said that the death is currently being treated as suspicious and has appealed for anyone with information to get in contact.
“We believe he may have died a number of months ago, so are asking people to cast their minds back to see if they can remember any suspicious activity in the area where the body was found,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Also, if you have seen Daniel in the past few months, we would very much like to hear from you. We are trying to build a picture of Daniel’s last movements to assist with our investigation and your information could be vital.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, via the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.