Body of London Colney man found near Brookmans Park
THE body of a 70-year-old London Colney man was found in a wooded area, near Brookmans Park, on Saturday.
He was found by a member of the public, near Bradmore Lane, at around 1.45pm. The man has been identified as Daniel Spires, from Cotlandswick.
An initial post mortem has taken place and police enquiries are ongoing.
Detective Chief Inspector Sean O’Neil, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said that the death is currently being treated as suspicious and has appealed for anyone with information to get in contact.
“We believe he may have died a number of months ago, so are asking people to cast their minds back to see if they can remember any suspicious activity in the area where the body was found,” he said.
“Also, if you have seen Daniel in the past few months, we would very much like to hear from you. We are trying to build a picture of Daniel’s last movements to assist with our investigation and your information could be vital.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, via the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 5 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 7 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 10 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.