Body found in search for missing St Albans man
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans man who vanished from his home last week was found by a member of the public this afternoon (Wednesday).
David, known to friends as “Edd”, Edmunds, 35, of Maple Avenue, was last seen on CCTV footage captured at Homebase on Griffiths Way at 4.10pm on Thursday.
He had returned home afterwards but left later that evening without his car and any cash, and friends and family soon became concerned and contacted the police.
A major awareness campaign was launched on social media and news websites, and details were also promoted by the Missing Persons charity.
Over the past few days officers were joined by volunteers in carrying out searches across the New Greens area, including woods on Toulmin Drive, but tragically David’s body was found on the Redbourn Road, not far from the former Punch Bowl pub, on Wednesday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The hunt was led by Det Insp Pete Frost, and involved specialist searches by officers, supported by volunteers from Mid-shires Rescue and the Bucks Dog Team.
Det Insp Frost said: “David’s family are aware and our thoughts are with them at this very sad and difficult time.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
“I would like to thank both the media and members of the public for their support in our appeals to trace David.”
A police spokesperson confirmed this afternoon (Wednesday) that a body had been found which was believed to be David.