Blood cancer awareness month at St Albans leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
A leisure centre has kickstarted its contribution to blood cancer awareness month by encouraging members to get fit for charity.
Westminster Lodge, in St Albans, began its own campaign to raise money for the Anthony Nolan Trust which matches blood and bone marrow donors to patients, yesterday (Wednesday) on National Fitness Day.
The first week challenges the community to cycle, run and row 1km in Westminster Lodge’s indoor gym and donate a suggested £1 to the charity to participate.
Another challenge is to see how far participants can swim in 30 minutes.
Other fundraising activities will take place throughout the leisure centre’s fundraising event which runs until October 11.
You may also want to watch:
Lesley Garner, general manager, said: “The Anthony Nolan Trust is a charity very close to our hearts here at Westminster Lodge.
“We are going to do everything we can to raise as much money as possible for those suffering from blood disease and their families and raise awareness for Anthony Nolan. National Fitness Day is a perfect opportunity to get everyone involved in trying out a new activity and to launch our awareness month for the charity – what better way to get active than by doing so for a good cause?”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
To find out more information call 01727 736080 or visit www.everyoneactive.com.