Blood cancer awareness month at St Albans leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
A leisure centre has kickstarted its contribution to blood cancer awareness month by encouraging members to get fit for charity.
Westminster Lodge, in St Albans, began its own campaign to raise money for the Anthony Nolan Trust which matches blood and bone marrow donors to patients, yesterday (Wednesday) on National Fitness Day.
The first week challenges the community to cycle, run and row 1km in Westminster Lodge’s indoor gym and donate a suggested £1 to the charity to participate.
Another challenge is to see how far participants can swim in 30 minutes.
Other fundraising activities will take place throughout the leisure centre’s fundraising event which runs until October 11.
You may also want to watch:
Lesley Garner, general manager, said: “The Anthony Nolan Trust is a charity very close to our hearts here at Westminster Lodge.
“We are going to do everything we can to raise as much money as possible for those suffering from blood disease and their families and raise awareness for Anthony Nolan. National Fitness Day is a perfect opportunity to get everyone involved in trying out a new activity and to launch our awareness month for the charity – what better way to get active than by doing so for a good cause?”
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides
To find out more information call 01727 736080 or visit www.everyoneactive.com.