Blogger hosts St Albans charity event
A ROCK choir taster session, a cake sale and a chance for youngsters to learn some of the latest Justin Bieber dance moves will be on offer at a charity event this Tuesday.
Organised by mummy blogger Helen Wills of St Albans, the Blog it for Babies fundraiser will be at the Noke Thistle Hotel on Watford Road on May 1 in aid of Save the Children.
Starting at 11am, when Abigail Smith of Rock Choir will kick off with a vocal taster session, the event will run through the afternoon. A bring and buy cake sale, as well as a raffle, will start at midday. From 3.30, a seven year old will share his skills with young and old alike as he takes them through the latest Justin Bieber dance routine.
Top bloggers from the area will also be on hand to offer tips to anyone wanting to start their own blog.
As part of the #BlogitforBabies campaign, parent bloggers - of which there are many in St Albans - will write and tweet about the charity’s initiative to build birth clinics in rural areas of Bangladesh. There, a newborn baby dies every six minutes and eight out of 10 mothers give birth with no medical assistance or preparation in dirty conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Local businesses wanting to sponsor the event should contact Helen via Twitter @ActuallyMummy or via Facebook: www.facebook.com/actuallymummy. Her blog can also be found at www.actuallymummy.co.uk
To find out more about the #BlogitforBabies campaign, visit www.blogitforbabies.org
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!