Blaze in St Albans woods last night being treated as arson
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters believe a fire that quickly spread across a whole acre of a St Albans woods was arson.
Garston firefighters received a call at around 10pm to reports of a small fire in the woods near Potters Crouch Lane, St Albans.
Once they had arrived they immediately called Hemel Hempstead crews for backup.
A Hemel Hempstead firefighter told the Herts Advertiser: “It wasn’t a small fire at all. About a whole acre of the woods was on fire.
“It was windy so it had spread rather quickly and far.
You may also want to watch:
“It is being treated as arson as we can see no reason what so ever of how the fire could have started by itself.”
Three fire engines managed to put out the fire in an hour.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works