Blaze in St Albans woods last night being treated as arson
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters believe a fire that quickly spread across a whole acre of a St Albans woods was arson.
Garston firefighters received a call at around 10pm to reports of a small fire in the woods near Potters Crouch Lane, St Albans.
Once they had arrived they immediately called Hemel Hempstead crews for backup.
A Hemel Hempstead firefighter told the Herts Advertiser: “It wasn’t a small fire at all. About a whole acre of the woods was on fire.
“It was windy so it had spread rather quickly and far.
You may also want to watch:
“It is being treated as arson as we can see no reason what so ever of how the fire could have started by itself.”
Three fire engines managed to put out the fire in an hour.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall