Blaze at St Albans menswear store

The menswear shop on French Row

The menswear shop on French Row - Credit: Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a city centre menswear shop last night after a small fire started in an electrical cupboard.

Residents living above H+I=U in Market Place alerted St Albans fire service to the blaze just before 9pm when they suffered a power cut and noticed smoke coming from the rear of the building.

Crews were at the scene for about an hour while the electricity board assessed the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus