Blaze at St Albans menswear store

PUBLISHED: 10:47 31 July 2013 | UPDATED: 10:47 31 July 2013

The menswear shop on French Row

The menswear shop on French Row

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a city centre menswear shop last night after a small fire started in an electrical cupboard.

Residents living above H+I=U in Market Place alerted St Albans fire service to the blaze just before 9pm when they suffered a power cut and noticed smoke coming from the rear of the building.

Crews were at the scene for about an hour while the electricity board assessed the property.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser