Blaze at Kimpton vehicle workshop
FIREFIGHTERS from across the county were called to a large fire in Kimpton this morning (Tuesday, September 25).
A vehicle workshop on the High Street had set alight just after 8am.
There was an evacuation of 100m around the building as it was believed to contain acetylene cylinders.
Crews from six different Herts fire stations including Harpenden and St Albans spent around two hours fighting the blaze.
An eyewitness said: “Flames as high as a house could be seen at one point, with possible explosions from gas canisters.”
You may also want to watch:
Noone was injured in the incident.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden