Biker injured in St Albans crash
A MAN was seriously injured when his motorbike crashed with a BMW in St Albans.
The rider, in his 30s, was knocked off his red Triumph Spirit on Lattimore Road at around 10.30am this morning (Thursday).
The air ambulance was called to the scene, landing in the grounds of Loreto College, but the man was taken to Watford General Hospital by land ambulance.
Although his injuries are said to be serious, he was conscious as he was taken away from the scene.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the scene said: “A man who we believe to be in his 30s sustained serious injuries and following treatment and stabilisation by land and air ambulance crews, he was taken to by land to Watford General Hospital for further care.”
You may also want to watch:
The man driving the black BMW involved did not require hospital treatment.
A parked blue Audi was also damaged in the collision.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
Lattimore Road was closed for a few hours while the police waited for the damaged cars to be removed.