Biker injured in St Albans crash
A MAN was seriously injured when his motorbike crashed with a BMW in St Albans.
The rider, in his 30s, was knocked off his red Triumph Spirit on Lattimore Road at around 10.30am this morning (Thursday).
The air ambulance was called to the scene, landing in the grounds of Loreto College, but the man was taken to Watford General Hospital by land ambulance.
Although his injuries are said to be serious, he was conscious as he was taken away from the scene.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who attended the scene said: “A man who we believe to be in his 30s sustained serious injuries and following treatment and stabilisation by land and air ambulance crews, he was taken to by land to Watford General Hospital for further care.”
The man driving the black BMW involved did not require hospital treatment.
A parked blue Audi was also damaged in the collision.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
Lattimore Road was closed for a few hours while the police waited for the damaged cars to be removed.