Bike theft problem for Abbey chorister
AN ABBEY chorister has been left devastated after his bike was stolen while he enjoyed a Halloween party. Alfie Bates, aged 12, locked his orange BMX to a lamppost on the corner of Sandridge Road and Lancaster Road in St Albans at around 6.30pm on Friday
AN ABBEY chorister has been left devastated after his bike was stolen while he enjoyed a Halloween party.
Alfie Bates, aged 12, locked his orange BMX to a lamppost on the corner of Sandridge Road and Lancaster Road in St Albans at around 6.30pm on Friday.
When he left the party just after 8pm he discovered that his bike had gone and the lock, which had been cut, was lying on the ground.
Alfie, who is a student at Sandringham School, cycles there and also uses the bike for getting to St Albans Abbey for choir rehearsals throughout the week.
You may also want to watch:
His mother Lisa said that he was heartbroken about losing his bike which was given to him on his birthday in February.
She said it was also a major inconvenience as Alfie would now have to depend on her for lifts to choir practice rather than being able to make his own way there.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
The bike is bright orange with the words 'X-Rated Decoy' printed in black on the cross bar and it also has a brake missing.
A police spokesperson urged anyone with any information about the whereabouts of the bike to call the investigating officer Sergeant Leah McDermott on 0845 3300222.