Bike stolen outside arts and crafts store in Harpenden
- Credit: Photo supplied
A man is being sought by the police in connection with the alleged theft of a £200 bicycle in Harpenden.
Herts Police have released a photo of the man, who is wearing an unusual hat, following the theft of a black Carrera bike.
Worth £200, the bike - which has aluminium handle bars, a new back guard and black cotton bags behind the saddle - was stolen from outside Artscape in Marlborough Park, Southdown industrial estate, Southdown Road in Harpenden at 6.20pm last Tuesday (14).
A police spokeswoman said that officers would like to speak to the man pictured.
Anyone who believes they know his identity should contact PCSO Alex Peduto via non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Cyclists can take precautions to deter thieves including marking bike frames with your postcode using a UV pen; registering your bike on www.immobilise.com and using a quality, solid steel D-shaped shackle lock.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped