Bike stolen outside arts and crafts store in Harpenden
- Credit: Photo supplied
A man is being sought by the police in connection with the alleged theft of a £200 bicycle in Harpenden.
Herts Police have released a photo of the man, who is wearing an unusual hat, following the theft of a black Carrera bike.
Worth £200, the bike - which has aluminium handle bars, a new back guard and black cotton bags behind the saddle - was stolen from outside Artscape in Marlborough Park, Southdown industrial estate, Southdown Road in Harpenden at 6.20pm last Tuesday (14).
A police spokeswoman said that officers would like to speak to the man pictured.
Anyone who believes they know his identity should contact PCSO Alex Peduto via non-emergency number 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Cyclists can take precautions to deter thieves including marking bike frames with your postcode using a UV pen; registering your bike on www.immobilise.com and using a quality, solid steel D-shaped shackle lock.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 8 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 9 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 10 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp