Big LEGO Build to create vision of St Albans in 2069
- Credit: Archant
Budding young architects can build a LEGO vision of St Albans in 50 years’ time at St Albans Museum + Gallery.
The Big LEGO Build will take place at the museum over Easter weekend, with families invited to imagine how the city will look in 2069.
People can create houses, shops, offices and infrastructure or replicate historic landmarks that they feel will still exist in 50 years.
The free event is sponsored by St Albans Civic Society, St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust, Hertfordshire Association of Architects (HAA) and the Royal Institute of British Architects.
Fifty years was chosen to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the conservation areas in St Albans.
HAA secretary Simon Knight said: “This will be an exciting and fun event for people of all ages and a chance to consider the city we live and work in and what it might look like in 50 years’ time.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 10 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep