Big Chocolate St Albans Tea Party raises more than £500
- Credit: Archant
Money from a chocolate-tastic St Albans tea party will help sick children from 10 hospitals around the country.
A Big Chocolate Tea Party in St Albans last week (April 28) raised more than £500 for The Sick Children’s Trust - a charity which gives the families of ill youngsters free accommodation close to hospital wards.
It was organised by Julia Field, with the help of her friend Sally Masters.
The money raised can fund 16 nights free accommodation near one of 10 hospitals around the country, including three locations in London, two by Great Ormond Street, and one near the Royal London Hospital.
Sally’s family was helped by the charity when her son was two and a half with leukaemia at Addenbrooke’s Hospital - he is recovered.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was great fun and lots of lovely chocolate.
“We had all sorts of chocolate - chocolate cakes and chocolate biscuits and big cakes and small cakes, I didn’t realise so much you could do with chocolate.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
“It was a nice get together for all.”