‘Best Medieval Window Display’ for Sandridge 900+
- Credit: Archant
Businesses are taking a trip back through the centuries as competition entries flow in for ‘the best medieval window display’.
The competition is part of an eight month series of events and competitions organised by the Sandridge 900+, who are celebrating 900 years since the consecration of the village church of St Leonard’s.
Businesses in the St Albans area are invited to enter their medieval window display before May 14, when they will be judged by the mayor.
Originally open to shops, pubs and restaurants, another category for estate agents and banks has just been added due to high demand. The window display competition will join a battle re-enactment and a Three Choirs Concert at the Sandpit Theatre as other Sandridge 900+ events take place in May.
The battle re-enactment on May 17 and 18 will see the Medieval Siege Society stage the second battle of St Albans of February 17, 1461, which was one of the bigger battles during the Wars of the Roses.
You may also want to watch:
The eight month long celebration will see flower festivals, musical events and historical journeys back in time, with a fireworks finale on November 8.
Businesses who want to enter the competition should register by contacting email@example.com
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire