‘Best Medieval Window Display’ for Sandridge 900+
- Credit: Archant
Businesses are taking a trip back through the centuries as competition entries flow in for ‘the best medieval window display’.
The competition is part of an eight month series of events and competitions organised by the Sandridge 900+, who are celebrating 900 years since the consecration of the village church of St Leonard’s.
Businesses in the St Albans area are invited to enter their medieval window display before May 14, when they will be judged by the mayor.
Originally open to shops, pubs and restaurants, another category for estate agents and banks has just been added due to high demand. The window display competition will join a battle re-enactment and a Three Choirs Concert at the Sandpit Theatre as other Sandridge 900+ events take place in May.
The battle re-enactment on May 17 and 18 will see the Medieval Siege Society stage the second battle of St Albans of February 17, 1461, which was one of the bigger battles during the Wars of the Roses.
You may also want to watch:
The eight month long celebration will see flower festivals, musical events and historical journeys back in time, with a fireworks finale on November 8.
Businesses who want to enter the competition should register by contacting email@example.com
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?