Bernie Sanders’ brother to speak at St Albans NHS meeting
- Credit: Archant
Larry Sanders, brother of US Democratic senator Bernie Sanders, is to speak at a public meeting in St Albans.
Mr Sanders, the Green Party’s health spokesperson, will be speaking at the meeting on the NHS on Wednesday, April 5 at the Marlborough Road Methodist Church hall.
He said: “The speech will be about where we are now with the planning for the NHS and social care.
“Both areas have been cut further than possible.”
He will also draw parallels between the cuts and the defeat of Donald Trump’s healthcare reforms.
Mr Sanders said: “The positioning and campaigning that led to them demise of Trump’s plan is beginning to be seen here.”
“As people see the cuts coming here, the political pressure will mount.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Organiser and Green councillor Simon Grover said: “It is an opportunity for people to ask questions and make observations, whilst trying to look on the positive side.”
American-born Mr Sanders, who ran in the Witney by-election last year to replace David Cameron, will speak alongside two representatives of the St Albans and Harpenden Patient Group, and a nurse.