Bernie Sanders’ brother to speak at St Albans NHS meeting
- Credit: Archant
Larry Sanders, brother of US Democratic senator Bernie Sanders, is to speak at a public meeting in St Albans.
Mr Sanders, the Green Party’s health spokesperson, will be speaking at the meeting on the NHS on Wednesday, April 5 at the Marlborough Road Methodist Church hall.
He said: “The speech will be about where we are now with the planning for the NHS and social care.
“Both areas have been cut further than possible.”
He will also draw parallels between the cuts and the defeat of Donald Trump’s healthcare reforms.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sanders said: “The positioning and campaigning that led to them demise of Trump’s plan is beginning to be seen here.”
“As people see the cuts coming here, the political pressure will mount.”
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
Organiser and Green councillor Simon Grover said: “It is an opportunity for people to ask questions and make observations, whilst trying to look on the positive side.”
American-born Mr Sanders, who ran in the Witney by-election last year to replace David Cameron, will speak alongside two representatives of the St Albans and Harpenden Patient Group, and a nurse.