Bernie Sanders’ brother to speak at St Albans NHS meeting
- Credit: Archant
Larry Sanders, brother of US Democratic senator Bernie Sanders, is to speak at a public meeting in St Albans.
Mr Sanders, the Green Party’s health spokesperson, will be speaking at the meeting on the NHS on Wednesday, April 5 at the Marlborough Road Methodist Church hall.
He said: “The speech will be about where we are now with the planning for the NHS and social care.
“Both areas have been cut further than possible.”
He will also draw parallels between the cuts and the defeat of Donald Trump’s healthcare reforms.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sanders said: “The positioning and campaigning that led to them demise of Trump’s plan is beginning to be seen here.”
“As people see the cuts coming here, the political pressure will mount.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
Organiser and Green councillor Simon Grover said: “It is an opportunity for people to ask questions and make observations, whilst trying to look on the positive side.”
American-born Mr Sanders, who ran in the Witney by-election last year to replace David Cameron, will speak alongside two representatives of the St Albans and Harpenden Patient Group, and a nurse.