Bernie Sanders’ brother addresses NHS meeting in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The brother of US presidential candidate Bernie Sanders spoke at a public meeting in St Albans last week.
Larry Sanders, the Green Party’s health spokesperson, spoke at Marlborough Road Methodist Church hall on Wednesday, April 5 on the NHS and social care.
He said: “Billions have been cut from funding for social care over the last few years.
“This is having a massive impact on people in vulnerable situations and their families.
“And it’s piling pressure on the NHS when people can’t get the home care they urgently need.”
You may also want to watch:
“At the same time, cuts in NHS funding along with creeping privatisation are draining health services of vital resources.
“The Government and local councils must prioritise these vital services and they should be funded properly through progressive taxation.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 3 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 10 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
The meeting was chaired by Green county council candidate, Keith Cotton.
Members of the public who were present spoke about the need for a public swell of support for the NHS.