Bernie Sanders’ brother addresses NHS meeting in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The brother of US presidential candidate Bernie Sanders spoke at a public meeting in St Albans last week.
Larry Sanders, the Green Party’s health spokesperson, spoke at Marlborough Road Methodist Church hall on Wednesday, April 5 on the NHS and social care.
He said: “Billions have been cut from funding for social care over the last few years.
“This is having a massive impact on people in vulnerable situations and their families.
“And it’s piling pressure on the NHS when people can’t get the home care they urgently need.”
You may also want to watch:
“At the same time, cuts in NHS funding along with creeping privatisation are draining health services of vital resources.
“The Government and local councils must prioritise these vital services and they should be funded properly through progressive taxation.”
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
The meeting was chaired by Green county council candidate, Keith Cotton.
Members of the public who were present spoke about the need for a public swell of support for the NHS.