Bernards Heath park bench set alight
- Credit: Archant
A community park bench in St Albans has been set alight and further vandalised with graffiti.
The solid oak bench in Bernards Heath near Heath Farm Lane was funded by the Friends of Bernards Heath group.
Significant damage was caused after it the bench was set alight between 6pm on Tuesday (30) and 8.15am Wednesday (31). A graffiti tag was also found.
Peter Cook, who is the chairman of Friends of Bernards Heath, said: “It is tragic that this delightful green space that is greatly appreciated by the whole community is spoiled by a tiny minority who commit these mindless acts of vandalism.
“We would welcome any information which could lead to the apprehension of the culprits.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information should contact them via the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans