Bernards Heath park bench set alight
- Credit: Archant
A community park bench in St Albans has been set alight and further vandalised with graffiti.
The solid oak bench in Bernards Heath near Heath Farm Lane was funded by the Friends of Bernards Heath group.
Significant damage was caused after it the bench was set alight between 6pm on Tuesday (30) and 8.15am Wednesday (31). A graffiti tag was also found.
Peter Cook, who is the chairman of Friends of Bernards Heath, said: “It is tragic that this delightful green space that is greatly appreciated by the whole community is spoiled by a tiny minority who commit these mindless acts of vandalism.
“We would welcome any information which could lead to the apprehension of the culprits.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information should contact them via the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan