Bedroom smoke-logged after St Albans blaze

A lady was treated at the scene

A lady was treated at the scene - Credit: Archant

A PERSON suffered smoke inhalation after a bedroom blaze in St Albans yesterday afternoon.

Firefighters from St Albans and Garston were called to the property in Partridge Road just after 1.30pm.

The first floor of the house was smoke-logged and fire crews spent around three hours clearing the home, while paramedics treated the individual at the scene.

Crew commander Matt Kaye stressed the importance of checking smoke detectors following the incident and urged people to contact their local fire station if they do not have one.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus