Bedroom smoke-logged after St Albans blaze

PUBLISHED: 09:57 13 May 2013 | UPDATED: 09:59 13 May 2013

A lady was treated at the scene

A lady was treated at the scene

Archant

A PERSON suffered smoke inhalation after a bedroom blaze in St Albans yesterday afternoon.

Firefighters from St Albans and Garston were called to the property in Partridge Road just after 1.30pm.

The first floor of the house was smoke-logged and fire crews spent around three hours clearing the home, while paramedics treated the individual at the scene.

Crew commander Matt Kaye stressed the importance of checking smoke detectors following the incident and urged people to contact their local fire station if they do not have one.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Herts Advertiser. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Herts Advertiser