Bedroom fire at St Albans home

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in St Albans on Saturday evening after a blaze broke out in a bedroom.

The incident occurred in Dellfield, at around 7pm and a hose reel and two sets of breathing apparatus were used to tackle the fire.

The occupants managed to flee the property before crews arrived and one man was treated for smoke inhalation after trying to extinguish the flames himself.

Firefighters have said the fire was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus