St Albans students set for National Youth Theatre after audition success
- Credit: Archant
Students of a St Albans school are set to begin online classes with the National Youth Theatre following successful auditions.
Five pupils at Beaumont School are celebrating after taking part in the auditions, which were hosted at the school.
Jaya Barker, Luke Nixon, Jessica Payne, Chloe Prince and Ruari Spooner, who all study drama at GCSE or A-Level, will be enrolled in the summer classes.
Head of drama Lynsey Wallace said: “We are proud of our ongoing relationship with the National Youth Theatre and the wonderful opportunities it offers our students.
“The audition process is valuable for all our students as they gain experience working with professional theatre makers. We are thrilled that we have such a large number of successful students this year”.
The lockdown has meant the National Youth Theatre has had to cancel its usual residential courses.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 10 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed