St Albans students set for National Youth Theatre after audition success
- Credit: Archant
Students of a St Albans school are set to begin online classes with the National Youth Theatre following successful auditions.
Five pupils at Beaumont School are celebrating after taking part in the auditions, which were hosted at the school.
Jaya Barker, Luke Nixon, Jessica Payne, Chloe Prince and Ruari Spooner, who all study drama at GCSE or A-Level, will be enrolled in the summer classes.
Head of drama Lynsey Wallace said: “We are proud of our ongoing relationship with the National Youth Theatre and the wonderful opportunities it offers our students.
“The audition process is valuable for all our students as they gain experience working with professional theatre makers. We are thrilled that we have such a large number of successful students this year”.
You may also want to watch:
The lockdown has meant the National Youth Theatre has had to cancel its usual residential courses.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 8 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 9 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 10 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final