Be proud of our community champions and nominate them for Herts Advertiser Awards
- Credit: Archant
Pride in our community champions is at the heart of an awards ceremony highlighting those extraordinary people and outstanding organisations who make a real difference to life in the St Albans district
Back for a third spectacular year, the Herts Advertiser Community Awards reward those groups and individuals who are making a significant contribution to their community, whether as volunteers, fundraisers or unsung local heroes.
This year’s awards are once again being sponsored by The Maltings Shopping Centre, who feed into the competition with their own monthly Community Heroes awards.
Centre manager Phil Corrigan said: “The Maltings is proud to be sponsoring the Herts Advertiser Community Awards and The Maltings Community Hero Category for the third year running.
“Community Heroes are all around us and the exceptional contributions they make to improve life in St Albans are all too often overlooked. They are the unseen fabric binding our community together. Here at the Maltings we believe their contribution deserves recognition, and that their dedication should be celebrated.
You may also want to watch:
“As such, we are delighted to be a part of the Herts Advertiser Community Awards once again, and we hope that their stories will inspire others.”
Herts Ad editor Nina Morgan added: “I am proud to be involved in what is unquestionably the biggest community awards event in the district, recognising people from all walks of life for their remarkable achievements.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
“Previous Herts Advertiser Community Awards have a phenomenal success, so we’re delighted to be continuing this year with another celebration of the district’s community champions and outstanding citizens.”
Last year’s awards were hosted by Sky Sports Formula 1 presenter David Croft at The Maltings Arts Theatre, and drew on representatives from all walks of life, coming together to highlight some remarkable achievements. The deadline for entries is Friday July 21 - to enter simply visit the website.
This year’s gala awards ceremony this year will take place on Thursday September 7 at the Maltings Arts Theatre.