Be a loser to help out hospice
- Credit: Archant
Rennie Grove Hospice Care has a new partner in St Albans for its 2014 Biggest Loser campaign to Get Healthy, Get Happy – For Life.
Nuffield Health – St Albans Fitness & Wellbeing Centre will be going head to head with two other local gyms, each supporting 20 participants, to find the overall Biggest Loser 2014.
Gary Wood, personal training lead at Nuffield Health, says: “If your New Year’s resolution for 2014 is to get fit, healthy and lose weight then this campaign is a brilliant way to keep you motivated, with great benefits.
“By signing up you can have the support and expert advice that you need to make a huge difference to your lifestyle, as well as the added incentive that the money you raise will help local families who are coping with life-limiting illness.”
He added: “We’ll track the results over the course of the competition, ensure that each participant is partnered with the most suitable trainer for their needs and provide a brilliant support base for everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Through an 18-week programme, which starts on January 20, the chosen participants will benefit from free gym membership, personal training classes and expert nutritional advice that will help to make a lifestyle change a reality.
The fitness and weight loss programme also offers prizes. One person from each gym will win membership for a year as well as a make-over to include hair, make-up and a style consultation. In addition, the runner up from each gym will receive a six-month gym membership.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
The overall Rennie Grove Biggest Loser from all 60 participants will win a stay and spa package from St Michael’s Manor and Verulamium Spa and the most successful fundraiser will win a Mini Spa Ritual from Eve & Adam Day Spa in St Albans.
In 2013, 24 participants lost over 45 stone between them and raised £20,000 for the charity. To enter this year, applications need to be in by January 13 and to sign up or find out more visit www.renniegrove.org/biggestloser or phone 01442 820720.