Be a loser to help out hospice
- Credit: Archant
Rennie Grove Hospice Care has a new partner in St Albans for its 2014 Biggest Loser campaign to Get Healthy, Get Happy – For Life.
Nuffield Health – St Albans Fitness & Wellbeing Centre will be going head to head with two other local gyms, each supporting 20 participants, to find the overall Biggest Loser 2014.
Gary Wood, personal training lead at Nuffield Health, says: “If your New Year’s resolution for 2014 is to get fit, healthy and lose weight then this campaign is a brilliant way to keep you motivated, with great benefits.
“By signing up you can have the support and expert advice that you need to make a huge difference to your lifestyle, as well as the added incentive that the money you raise will help local families who are coping with life-limiting illness.”
He added: “We’ll track the results over the course of the competition, ensure that each participant is partnered with the most suitable trainer for their needs and provide a brilliant support base for everyone.”
Through an 18-week programme, which starts on January 20, the chosen participants will benefit from free gym membership, personal training classes and expert nutritional advice that will help to make a lifestyle change a reality.
The fitness and weight loss programme also offers prizes. One person from each gym will win membership for a year as well as a make-over to include hair, make-up and a style consultation. In addition, the runner up from each gym will receive a six-month gym membership.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
The overall Rennie Grove Biggest Loser from all 60 participants will win a stay and spa package from St Michael’s Manor and Verulamium Spa and the most successful fundraiser will win a Mini Spa Ritual from Eve & Adam Day Spa in St Albans.
In 2013, 24 participants lost over 45 stone between them and raised £20,000 for the charity. To enter this year, applications need to be in by January 13 and to sign up or find out more visit www.renniegrove.org/biggestloser or phone 01442 820720.