BBC to show Harpenden business on “The Fixer”
- Credit: copyright Twofour
It appears that TV star and champion of small businesses Alex Polizzi cannot get enough of St Albans, as she has returned to the district for the filming of her latest series, “The Fixer”.
Airing on BBC Two tonight (Tuesday) at 8pm, Alex is shown coming to the aid of Big Space, a children’s soft play centre based on Southdown Road.
Her series focuses on getting your product right.
Lester and Sue Adams, who run Big Space, set the centre up from scratch after remortgaging their house and ploughing all their savings into the independent business.
But, according to publicity on tonight’s show, “their product is woeful and to compound the challenge, they must serve two distinct customers: both parent and child”.
You may also want to watch:
Alex promises to try and find “fixes” for the critical issues that kill so many companies including - in the case of Big Space - the importance of customer satisfaction.
She is given access to Pret A Manger’s training academy where she unearths some “ground-breaking philosophies” and visits London’s largest family restaurant The Rainforest Café to learn about the importance of themed fun.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Alex has previously filmed in St Albans, including twice at the 15th century White Hart Hotel on Holywell Hill.