BBC’s Flog It coming to St Albans Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
BBC Antiques programme Flog It will be returning to St Albans next month and the show’s organisers are urging residents to bring in their car boot sale bargains and clutter from the loft to have it valued on camera.
St Albans cathedral will be hosting the event on Thursday, November 12, and presenter Paul Martin says he looking forward to returning to the city.
He said: “I’m delighted to be bringing Flog It back to St Albans; it’s a great city which the series first visited in 2008 when we filmed at the Town Hall.
“I’m looking forward to exploring the cathedral and revealing some of its fascinating history to our viewers. I hope as many people as possible will come along to see us with their items for valuation.”
Participants have the opportunity to turn items that were once thought to be useless into cash. Recently, for example, a rare aboriginal shield that had been hidden in a viewer’s wardrobe was sold for £30,000.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Habgood, series location manager said: “Paul Martin and the entire Flog It team are really pleased to be bringing the show back to St Albans. I’m sure the cathedral will provide the perfect setting for our valuation day; our experts are all looking forward to welcoming people along for their free valuations in such important and magnificent surroundings.”
Flog It will be at St Albans Cathedral between 9.30am and 4pm on Thursday, November 12. The items selected at the valuation day will go under the hammer at Tring Market Auctions on Saturday, December 5.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park