Barbecue sends shed up in flames

A SMOULDERING barbecue sent a garden shed up in flames yesterday (Sunday). Firefighters were called to a property in Hall Place Gardens in St Albans just before 8pm where they found a wooden shed attached to a semi-detached house well alight. The barbe

A SMOULDERING barbecue sent a garden shed up in flames yesterday (Sunday).

Firefighters were called to a property in Hall Place Gardens in St Albans just before 8pm where they found a wooden shed attached to a semi-detached house well alight.

The barbecue, which hadn't been extinguished properly after it was used during the day, was left too close to the garden shed and caused it to catch fire.

Four crews of firefighters, including two from St Albans and one from Wheathampstead, attended the incident to put out the flames. They prevented the fire from spreading to the adjoining house but they did have to ventilate the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus