Banned dog seized from St Albans address
AN AMERICAN pit bull terrier has been seized from an address in St Albans because it is a banned breed. The owners of the 14-month-old dog, which was being kept in Cell Barnes Lane, had the option of being prosecuted or giving up the animal. Pc Dean Mason
AN AMERICAN pit bull terrier has been seized from an address in St Albans because it is a banned breed.
The owners of the 14-month-old dog, which was being kept in Cell Barnes Lane, had the option of being prosecuted or giving up the animal.
Pc Dean Mason, local Neighbourhood Watch officer for Cell Barnes and Cunningham, said: "American pit bulls are a banned breed and it is illegal to own them."
He has been working with the district council, Hightown and Praetorian and Churches Housing Association and Pc Lee Osborne who is the single point of contact for dangerous dogs in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
In September Pcs Mason and Osborne seized another American pit bull terrier from Batchwood ward in St Albans.
Pc Osborne said: "It is very unusual to have these dogs in St Albans and especially as neither of these cases were linked. It has obviously been very upsetting for the families of these dogs who have had to give up their pets - but they have been very co-operative."
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
He added: "If you are considering buying a dog and have any suspicions that it may be a banned breed, please contact me on 01727 796042 or email email@example.com