Banned dog seized from St Albans address
AN AMERICAN pit bull terrier has been seized from an address in St Albans because it is a banned breed. The owners of the 14-month-old dog, which was being kept in Cell Barnes Lane, had the option of being prosecuted or giving up the animal. Pc Dean Mason
AN AMERICAN pit bull terrier has been seized from an address in St Albans because it is a banned breed.
The owners of the 14-month-old dog, which was being kept in Cell Barnes Lane, had the option of being prosecuted or giving up the animal.
Pc Dean Mason, local Neighbourhood Watch officer for Cell Barnes and Cunningham, said: "American pit bulls are a banned breed and it is illegal to own them."
He has been working with the district council, Hightown and Praetorian and Churches Housing Association and Pc Lee Osborne who is the single point of contact for dangerous dogs in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
In September Pcs Mason and Osborne seized another American pit bull terrier from Batchwood ward in St Albans.
Pc Osborne said: "It is very unusual to have these dogs in St Albans and especially as neither of these cases were linked. It has obviously been very upsetting for the families of these dogs who have had to give up their pets - but they have been very co-operative."
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
He added: "If you are considering buying a dog and have any suspicions that it may be a banned breed, please contact me on 01727 796042 or email email@example.com