Bank staff get the thrill
THE midnight hour was close at hand when HSBC employees dressed up as zombies to recreate Michael Jackson s Thriller video. Employees at the bank choose a different charity to support each month, and for colleagues Lorena Greenwood, Jordon Bodrozich, Jane
THE midnight hour was close at hand when HSBC employees dressed up as zombies to recreate Michael Jackson's Thriller video.
Employees at the bank choose a different charity to support each month, and for colleagues Lorena Greenwood, Jordon Bodrozich, Jane Wingrove and Lucy Reeves, Grove House Hospice was the obvious choice.
Jane and her family experienced the specialist support offered by the hospice when her father used the services just before he died.
She said: "Grove House was there for us when we needed it. My dad was visited by the Grove House at Home volunteers and he really appreciated the help and support they gave to him and my mum."
You may also want to watch:
The money was raised through a variety of fundraising events during the month, including the Michael Jackson tribute day when staff dressed up in full living dead costumes.
"We certainly had a lot of laughs that day," said Lucy, "and it was great knowing that we were raising money for such a worthwhile cause."
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
Community fundraiser Liz Hizli thanked the group for their fundraising efforts: "Without generous community groups like these it would be impossible for us to continue to provide much needed care and support to local people living with cancer and life-threatening illness."
If you or your company would like to fundraise for Grove House contact Liz on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk