Bank staff get the thrill
THE midnight hour was close at hand when HSBC employees dressed up as zombies to recreate Michael Jackson s Thriller video. Employees at the bank choose a different charity to support each month, and for colleagues Lorena Greenwood, Jordon Bodrozich, Jane
THE midnight hour was close at hand when HSBC employees dressed up as zombies to recreate Michael Jackson's Thriller video.
Employees at the bank choose a different charity to support each month, and for colleagues Lorena Greenwood, Jordon Bodrozich, Jane Wingrove and Lucy Reeves, Grove House Hospice was the obvious choice.
Jane and her family experienced the specialist support offered by the hospice when her father used the services just before he died.
She said: "Grove House was there for us when we needed it. My dad was visited by the Grove House at Home volunteers and he really appreciated the help and support they gave to him and my mum."
The money was raised through a variety of fundraising events during the month, including the Michael Jackson tribute day when staff dressed up in full living dead costumes.
"We certainly had a lot of laughs that day," said Lucy, "and it was great knowing that we were raising money for such a worthwhile cause."
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 7 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 8 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
Community fundraiser Liz Hizli thanked the group for their fundraising efforts: "Without generous community groups like these it would be impossible for us to continue to provide much needed care and support to local people living with cancer and life-threatening illness."
If you or your company would like to fundraise for Grove House contact Liz on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk