Bank staff get the thrill
THE midnight hour was close at hand when HSBC employees dressed up as zombies to recreate Michael Jackson s Thriller video. Employees at the bank choose a different charity to support each month, and for colleagues Lorena Greenwood, Jordon Bodrozich, Jane
THE midnight hour was close at hand when HSBC employees dressed up as zombies to recreate Michael Jackson's Thriller video.
Employees at the bank choose a different charity to support each month, and for colleagues Lorena Greenwood, Jordon Bodrozich, Jane Wingrove and Lucy Reeves, Grove House Hospice was the obvious choice.
Jane and her family experienced the specialist support offered by the hospice when her father used the services just before he died.
She said: "Grove House was there for us when we needed it. My dad was visited by the Grove House at Home volunteers and he really appreciated the help and support they gave to him and my mum."
The money was raised through a variety of fundraising events during the month, including the Michael Jackson tribute day when staff dressed up in full living dead costumes.
"We certainly had a lot of laughs that day," said Lucy, "and it was great knowing that we were raising money for such a worthwhile cause."
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Community fundraiser Liz Hizli thanked the group for their fundraising efforts: "Without generous community groups like these it would be impossible for us to continue to provide much needed care and support to local people living with cancer and life-threatening illness."
If you or your company would like to fundraise for Grove House contact Liz on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk