Bank Holiday chaos predicted for Thameslink line
- Credit: Archant
Train services serving St Albans will be severely disrupted over the Bank Holiday weekend while engineering work is carried out.
Network Rail will be carrying out major track replacement work in the Luton Airport Parkway area on Sunday, August 28, with buses replacing some or all Thameslink trains between St Albans and Bedford and a reduced service between St Albans/Harpenden and Brighton/Three Bridges.
Buses will run until around 9.15pm on Sunday and a revised timetable will come into effect after that. A limited rail service will run between St Albans City and Harpenden.
Details can be found online at thameslinkrailway.com or National Rail Enquiries on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
Buses are also replacing trains between Watford Junction and St Albans Abbey on both Saturday and Sunday, August 27 and 28, while engineering work on the Midland Mainline is carried out.
The entire Abbey Flyer line will be closed and buses will be extended to run between St Albans Abbey and St Albans City Stations.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group