Bank Holiday chaos predicted for Thameslink line
- Credit: Archant
Train services serving St Albans will be severely disrupted over the Bank Holiday weekend while engineering work is carried out.
Network Rail will be carrying out major track replacement work in the Luton Airport Parkway area on Sunday, August 28, with buses replacing some or all Thameslink trains between St Albans and Bedford and a reduced service between St Albans/Harpenden and Brighton/Three Bridges.
Buses will run until around 9.15pm on Sunday and a revised timetable will come into effect after that. A limited rail service will run between St Albans City and Harpenden.
Details can be found online at thameslinkrailway.com or National Rail Enquiries on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
Buses are also replacing trains between Watford Junction and St Albans Abbey on both Saturday and Sunday, August 27 and 28, while engineering work on the Midland Mainline is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
The entire Abbey Flyer line will be closed and buses will be extended to run between St Albans Abbey and St Albans City Stations.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land