Bank Holiday chaos predicted for Thameslink line
- Credit: Archant
Train services serving St Albans will be severely disrupted over the Bank Holiday weekend while engineering work is carried out.
Network Rail will be carrying out major track replacement work in the Luton Airport Parkway area on Sunday, August 28, with buses replacing some or all Thameslink trains between St Albans and Bedford and a reduced service between St Albans/Harpenden and Brighton/Three Bridges.
Buses will run until around 9.15pm on Sunday and a revised timetable will come into effect after that. A limited rail service will run between St Albans City and Harpenden.
Details can be found online at thameslinkrailway.com or National Rail Enquiries on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
Buses are also replacing trains between Watford Junction and St Albans Abbey on both Saturday and Sunday, August 27 and 28, while engineering work on the Midland Mainline is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
The entire Abbey Flyer line will be closed and buses will be extended to run between St Albans Abbey and St Albans City Stations.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre