Bands, floats, and dancers pound the streets for Wheathampstead village fayre
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of bands, floats, and dancers pounded the streets of Wheathampstead for the village fair last weekend.
The two-day event featured live music on the Saturday, as well as the Wheathampstead’s Got Talent show, and a fireworks display at 10pm.
The Sunday festivities included a parade of floats, brass bands, and morris dancers in addition to the traditional fair, which included charity stands, and a birds of prey exhibition.
Parish council chairman David Johnston said: “We were certainly blessed with the weather. It made it all very worthwhile.
“Sometimes it can be too hot, and if it had been a week ago we would have been in trouble.”
You may also want to watch:
He reckoned there were around a couple of thousand people at the fair, which was attended by St Albans district mayor Iqbal Zia.
Mr Johnston said: “It seems to get a bit bigger every year.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years