Balaclava-clad robber steals £30 from hotel in Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Redbourn hotel refused to open a safe for a knife-wielding man in an early morning robbery.
The balaclava-clad man, described as white, possibly young, and of slim build, robbed Aubrey Park Hotel, in Hemel Hempstead Road, at about 1.40am on Tuesday, January 3.
A spokesman for Herts Police said that the man entered the reception area and took about £30 in cash from the front desk before “demanding keys to the safe from the staff”.
Although the man was holding a knife, staff refused to comply and he made off in a dark coloured vehicle towards Redbourn Road.
The knife was believed to be about six inches long, and the car was possibly a VW Polo.
The robber was wearing black gloves, a balaclava, long-sleeved top and shoes.
Officers investigating the robbery are appealing for information and witnesses.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
Anyone who can assist the investigation should call Detective Constable Courtney Turner on non-emergency number 101.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
No personal details are taken, information cannot be traced or recorded and you will never need to go to court.