Backstreet St Albans café closes its doors
- Credit: Archant
A city centre café off the beaten track will be no longer be dishing up food for its regulars after it closed this month.
Rendezvous Café, in Wallington Road, St Albans, was a firm favourite among shoppers escaping busy St Peter’s Street and the city centre.
Despite having mixed reviews after the café received a hygiene rating of “zero” from the Food Standards Agency in February last year, it had remained open and continued to serve food.
Customer Sharon Liddle said: “It was slow but I liked it as it was out of the way so not always too busy as not many knew about it.
“Myself and mum will go to The Waterend Barn now.”
You may also want to watch:
A coffee shop is rumoured to be moving into the now vacant premises. The café’s owner was unable to comment on the closure before we went to press.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 10 Look! See inside spectacular new lights display at St Albans Cathedral