Backstreet St Albans café closes its doors
- Credit: Archant
A city centre café off the beaten track will be no longer be dishing up food for its regulars after it closed this month.
Rendezvous Café, in Wallington Road, St Albans, was a firm favourite among shoppers escaping busy St Peter’s Street and the city centre.
Despite having mixed reviews after the café received a hygiene rating of “zero” from the Food Standards Agency in February last year, it had remained open and continued to serve food.
Customer Sharon Liddle said: “It was slow but I liked it as it was out of the way so not always too busy as not many knew about it.
“Myself and mum will go to The Waterend Barn now.”
You may also want to watch:
A coffee shop is rumoured to be moving into the now vacant premises. The café’s owner was unable to comment on the closure before we went to press.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines